Here is how the Thrift Store team plan to keep you and our community safe:
Space & Goods:
- Frequent disinfecting and sanitization, especially in high-touch areas
- Isolating donations for at least 72 hours prior to being placed in the store.
- Limiting the number of customers in the store to maintain proper physical distancing
- Personal protective equipment for all staff.
- Enhanced hygiene and health practices for all staff.
- Staff who are ill will stay at home.
We all have a part to play in continuing to keep community transition of COVID-19 to a minimum. To do that, we will need your help:
- Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry.
- Social distancing: please maintain a safe distance (6 ft) from others
- Follow the directional arrows.
In order to accommodate new donations and procurement, we have updated our “Donation Process” to ensure we are taking all necessary COVID-related risks into consideration.
Donation Drop Off:
Donations can be dropped at the Thrift Store between 9:30 – 12:30pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday. (The store will be closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays to start.)
All donations, regardless of how they arrive, will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours in accordance with the Thrift Store’s new safe operating procedures.
If you have a large quantity of items to donate, please call us before you arrive. We may request that you pull into the laneway behind the store.
Donation Pick Up:
Deliveries will resume on July 6th. All deliveries and pick-ups to personal addresses will be contactless. There are no exceptions. The driver or swamper will contact the customer/donor before making the delivery or pick-up to ensure there is an agreed upon location for the exchange. Staff will use proper PPE in accordance with the Thrift Store’s updated safe operating procedures.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday –
671 East Hastings Street