UGM Thrift Store Step 3 Reopening Update: July 9, 2021.
Beginning July 1st, 2021, British Columbia moved to Step-3 or the Provincial Restart Plan. At the direction of the Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, the UGM Thrift Store is transitioning from a COVID-19 safety plan to a general communicable disease plan, aimed at ensuring the continued safety and wellbeing of our in-store customers and staff.
We all have a part to play in continuing to keep community transmission of COVID-19 to a minimum. To do that, some components of our COVID-19 Safety Plan will remain in place, such as:
- Enhanced hygiene and health practices for employees.
- Staff will continue to wear masks (PPE) when on the sales floor.
- Employees who are ill will stay at home.
- Donations will be isolated for 24 hours before being placed in the store.
Some changes that you will see in store are the following:
- A gradual increase in store capacity levels over the summer with no capacity limits by September 2021.
- Masks will no longer be required for customers but are still recommended.
- Physical distancing is no longer mandatory, but we encourage you to respect the space between you and your fellow customer.
Thank you for journeying with us over the past 16 months and continuing to support UGM’s life giving ministry by shopping with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Preparing for Step 3 of BC’s Restart
Provincial Health Officer Statement for Employers on Transitioning from COVID-19 Safety Plans to Communicable Disease Plans (June 17, 2021)
Donation Drop Off:
Donations can be dropped at the Thrift Store between 9:30am – 3:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Front Door of the Thrift Store: all donations will be placed by the donor in the black Rubbermaid bins at the entrance to the store, these donations will remain in the bin until the end of each day or until the bin is full.
- Loading Bay: larger items (household items, large boxes, small appliances, etc.) can be dropped off at the loading bay in the back alleyway.
- After Hours: all donations can be placed in the large blue Rubbermaid bins under the stairs at 601 E. Hastings St. These donations will be collected and sorted by the Thrift Store staff on a daily basis.
If you have a large quantity of items to donate, please call us before you arrive. We may request that you pull into the laneway behind the store.
If you are donating on behalf of a business, please contact [email protected] or 604‑215‑5441 ext. 462 to coordinate your donation.
Monday to Friday –
9:00am – 4:00pm
Closed weekends and statutory holidays
671 East Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 1R2
There is free and paid street parking within walking distance of the UGM Thrift Store.
Volunteer at our Thrift Store
Join our compassionate and loving volunteers and staff at the UGM Thrift Store as they serve over 2,500 community members every month.
As a Volunteer Thrift Store Associate, you will:
- Assist with store layout and merchandise displays
- Restock inventory as it is sold
- Retrieve, sort and price incoming inventory
- Provide excellent customer service for guests and donors
Read volunteer position description.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Did you know that UGM operates a boutique in New Westminster?
Found boutique is a fashion collective with a carefully curated artisan collection. We sell home décor, gifts, jewelry, accessories, skin care and quality brand name fashions for both men and women. We offer an exceptional, quality customer experience and an opportunity for our customers to give locally through purchases, donations and volunteer opportunities. All revenue goes back into UGM services.
Address: 641 Columbia Street, New Westminster V3M 1A8